NJ Direct Install

NJ Direct Install Program offers an incentive where utilities cover 80% of the cost for your energy efficiency upgrades!

Improving energy efficiency and cutting down on energy expenses can be daunting, especially when figuring out where to begin and navigating the process. That’s where the NJ Direct Install program steps in, tailored specifically for small to mid-sized existing facilities in New Jersey. It’s also known as Small Business Direct Install or SBDI, and it’s a valuable incentive provided by the state’s gas and electric utility companies.

Participating in NJ Direct Install offers a seamless solution that simplifies and makes it affordable to upgrade outdated operational equipment like lighting and HVAC systems. Aimed at commercial and institutional buildings with an average peak electric demand of 200 kW or less, this program pinpoints proven methods for slashing utility costs by replacing inefficient equipment with high-efficiency alternatives.

What’s more, qualified participants can rest assured that the measures suggested are not only effective but also cost-effective. NJ Direct Install covers a significant portion of the retrofit costs, footing 70% of the bill. This significantly boosts the project’s return on investment, as you’re only responsible for covering the remaining 30% of the expenses while enjoying 100% of the energy savings for years to come.

This incentive makes a compelling argument for swapping out old, inefficient HVAC, mechanical, and lighting systems that may be nearing the end of their useful life.

An important update to note: Starting from FY-2022, buildings with peak electric demand of 100 kW or less (Tier 1 customers), non-profit organizations, and those situated in Urban Enterprise Zones or Opportunity Zones may qualify for up to 80% coverage of the installed measures’ costs!

The NJ Direct Install initiative extends its support to a diverse range of energy-saving measures, encompassing: 

  • Packaged Rooftop Units
  • Split Systems
  • Boilers
  • Furnaces
  • Heat Pumps
  • Programmable Thermostats
  • Motors
  • Electric Lighting
  • Lighting Controls
  • Domestic Hot Water Heaters
  • Variable Frequency Drives
  • Economizers & Other HVAC Controls 

Small and mid-sized building owners in New Jersey stand to benefit significantly from this opportunity.

Your financial commitment is minimal – The program covers up to 70% of project expenses for Tier 2 participants, and up to 80% for smaller Tier 1 participants.

The rewards are long-lasting – With such substantial incentives, your investment can be recouped in less than three years. Plus, the energy-efficient upgrades will continue to yield savings over the years, reducing your utility bills.

Interest-free financing is an option – Eligible applicants can choose to repay the remaining balance over 60 months without any interest charges.

A hassle-free process – Once you decide to proceed with the recommended upgrades following your complimentary energy assessment, the entire process, from securing permits to equipment installation, is managed seamlessly under the program.

Supreme Heating & Air Conditioning, a leading commercial mechanical contractor in New Jersey, is eager to assist clients in seizing the opportunity provided by NJ Direct Install.

Businesses of small to medium scale and local governmental bodies in various areas including Middlesex, Bridgewater, Bernardsville, Warren, Flemington, Tewksbury, Princeton, Summit, Branchburg, Bedminster, Hillsborough Township, Somerset and Piscataway townships  can reach out to Supreme to schedule a complimentary energy assessment. This evaluation will pinpoint HVAC systems and lighting elements eligible for replacement through NJ Direct Install.

Participating in this program presents a fantastic chance to lower energy consumption and enhance your financial performance! 

ac repair by technician

supreme Heating & Air Conditioning is a certified Trade Ally with the following NJ utilities:

Contact us today to learn more!